Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Vegetable Garden


In my "Going Galt" post  I wanted to grow a garden.

Well I have. 

I highly recommend gardening. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and worth. I love the variety and when I need a vegetable, I go outside to get it. Not down the street, to the store that's at least 15 minutes away. I go to the back yard where I know the veggie wasn't grown in night water or sprayed with toxic chemicals. 

All the veggies were started from seeds except a couple of the herbs and one pepper plant.

This is one of the starter trays I had this year. I cut the bottom off water bottles to have extra starter homes.
These are the potatoes. They are doing wonderfully. This container should produce about 100lbs.
.
Here are some basil plants, parsley, rosemary, and oregano.
These are my peas. They did okay for a while but died after
 one harvest of pods.
My carrots have finally come around and now we
have tasty specimens.
Tomatoes ripening on the vine. My tomatoes this year were
excellent. The first generation got early and late blight
but still produced good fruit. The other generations had
 no problems.
 
This blueberry plant had three leaves on it when
I rescued it. I pruned it and it even gave me a handful
of berries this year. 
Here are some of my herbs. The mint is in the middle with 
basil, pineapple sage, and cilantro radiating out ward.

These are some peanut plants.

Here are some green beans and pea plants.









No comments:

Post a Comment