Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dupe Me: SC Mint Apple vs SC Open Seas

Now, I haven't heard anyone being concerned about the possibility of these two being similar but Sinful Colors has done some slightly shady dealing with repackaging colors that are almost certainly the same as cheaper versions of the same color.

Mint Apple is a dusty green/aqua polish with a microshimmer finish. The micro shimmer is green and faint pink. Seriously subtle and cannot be seen more than a few inches from the nail. Open Seas is a dusty green/aqua creme that dries surprisingly shiny.

They are the same color with a slightly different finish. Honestly you probably don't need both. Two of three roommates thought I was only wearing one color and the other one noticed only a faint difference in the finish.

Mint Apple was my preferred formula. It went on smoothly with no streaking. It was opaque with one coat. Open Seas was streaky during application and did not apply evenly. Two coats were applied. 
The first photo shows the biggest difference. In person there is not such a dramatic difference. I think the flash contributed to the contrast. In the second picture (without the flash) you can see a more natural look though my fingers do cast shadows on other nails.

For reference, the pinky and middle fingers are  Mint Apple. Open Seas is on my pointer and ring fingers. 
Sorry about my crappy cell phone pictures. Its all I have for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment