Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

What's Been Going on in the Kitchen? Snack Edition

The usual disclaimers apply. I did not make the recipes or take the pictures.

I hope you don't have the munchies before reading this post because snackage is always tempting to me.

Snackage is a term coined by my beloved Jhoana so hands off.

These recipes are particularly satisfying.

The best way to start snack time is with a tall glass of lemonade. This is the best lemonade I've had. Maybe it's the added salt from the sweat from squeezing lemons but it's perfect.

Do yourself a favor and make this. I don't strain out the pulp and I use meyer lemons straight off my grandma's tree.


Here is the link:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-lemonade-ever/?scale=27&ismetric=0


You know what would be nice with a tall glass of lemonade?

A soft pretzel. I've tried a few recipes for this and had the best success with this one. I also let the dough rise in the sunshine.

Here is the link to the recipe:
http://www.smells-like-home.com/2012/01/soft-pretzel-bites-with-cheese-sauce/



I made the cheese sauce but did not like the flavor which is too bad because I really like cheese sauce.

Another variation I tried was rather than salt rolling them in cinnamon and sugar. This turned out to be a fantastic idea.


Now after that gluttony here is a recipe for granola bars. The only complaint I have about this is that they need more binder. I used a chocolate drizzle on the top which helped a lot (after frozen) but it was still missing that stick-together-bar type of form.



These were gobbled up in my house in two days.

Here is the recipe:
http://penniesandpancakes.blogspot.com/2012/09/no-bake-food-storage-granola-bars-005.html#.UgPN4JJOR8E



In other news I hope you are enjoying the new layout. It is better than the old even though my pictures aren't formated right on the page anymore. There are a couple things I wish I could change about the template like the column widths (picture formating driving me crazy) and the font colors but over all I am happy. I'd love any recommendations for a template site.







No comments:

Post a Comment