Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Triple Layer Threat

Chocolate chip cookie dough devil's food cake cheesecake cake. With homemade icing.

The week before last Amy and I made this monster and fed it to our men as sign of love. It took two days to make. The whole cake was prepared from scratch. The recipe was four printed pages long without pictures.

It had 7 sticks of butter in the whole cake.

Yes. That's a lot of butter, it also has two full packages of cream cheese.

Amy did all the decorating.

It was tasty but you could only eat a tiny bit in fear of instant death from butter over dose.

The icing was hinted chocolate and molasses pretty tasty.

This cake was a whole new level of complex for me and I am super excited the opportunity to have undertaken it with a friend.

Here is the recipe if you are interested: 
http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2012/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-devils-food.html

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks terrifying and awesome all at the same time, lol! Did you guys manage to finish the whole thing? I'd be afraid to eat too much of it due to all of the butter and cream cheese, but I'd feel guilty letting it go to waste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Eric and I kept one piece and gave the rest away. :) So I sure hope it was consumed.

      Delete