Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Starting with the sales

So I've been thinking about starting this blog for awhile. Today is the day. Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from Kohl's telling me I didn't get the job. Thus I am motivated to start DOING something that produces results.

Right now I'm working on stuff for Jennifer's bridal shower. I've got hanging butterfly lanterns, great recipes to try, picture collages to make, and 70 paper flowers glues to boards for a backdrop. Not to mention the invitations that we already made, addressed, and mailed. Pictures will come soon.

As far as recent sales goes:

For Jennifer's Shower I bought this dress (thanks to a birthday present) for $25.00 Probably not the best deal but it came from the UK and it's lovely for the summer heat. 
Retail: $42.17 (the exchange rate is funny)

 

Simply Vera black pumps at Kohl's for $16.50 and there was no sales tax that day! I think the retail said $75.00 but no one would ever pay that. These are in prep for a new job. My old black pumps had the back of the heels destroyed and look horrible, like I got in a fight with a cat or something.

Recently Ulta had a sale and I got two bottle of Redkin for $11.50 a piece! Not bad when the retail there for $29.00 a piece. Also, they had there brand of nail polish and eye shadow on sale for $2 (but wait it gets better) whenever the eyeshadow is normally $7 and the nail polish $6. Plus, if you spent 10.00 dollars, (five items) you could use the -$3.50 coupon. So that makes the three eye shadows and two nail polishes $6.50. That is a great sale.  



Here are the specimens I got. In two different trips so I could use the coupon twice and maximize savings. Here they are a final sale price of $1.30 per item:

ULTA  pd-detailMain-2231956  ULTA  pd-detailMain-2231956 ULTA  pd-detailMain-2231956 ULTA  pd-detailMain-2231956 ULTA  pd-detailMain-2231956 ULTA  pd-detailMain-2230863 ULTA  pd-detailMain-2230863 ULTA  pd-detailMain-2230863

For those of you doing the math, I also got some mineral powder (regularly $14, for $5). 

And finally, we got a groupon for Eric to take David and co to play soft air guns, everything included for 4 players: $34.00 after a -$5 bonus at Combat City. Retail: Just over $100.00 for four. Not lie, I'm kind of jealous I don't get to go.




Now it's time to get off and put some designs on the base coat of polish that I've been wearing for a few days. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute dress! I'm so jealous of your bargains on the Redken. I've been trying to find a decent price on their Brilliant Blonde shampoo for a while, and I'm having to make do with Head & Shoulders shampoo with Redken conditioner. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're my first comment! Yay!!

      Thanks. In the future I plan to update sales as I find them, not afterwards so they can't be of use to anyone....

      Delete