Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

World Travel: Tour de France

Let me just say that I am sucker for classic architecture. 

For my tour de France I'd like to see the  Chamboard Castle, Château de Marqueyssac, Château de Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and visit with my relatives in Paris. I have no idea how long this trip should be....waiting to decide that until the funds are raised will be important.

The Chamboard Castle is a feat of excellence. I love the color contrast from the creamy stone walls and the blue slate roof. Plus the grandiose use of symmetry is very pleasing and helps tone down the busyness of the place. The sky line reminds me of a modern city from afar, and it made realize, this is something of an ancient city. The way estates use to be self sufficient from the rest of the world made them like a tiny city unto themselves.  I don't know what the outside looks like but I want to be surprised!

Chateau de Marqueyssac has amazing gardens; yes I want to travel around the world to look at plants. If I would have known as a child this thought would enter my head, my child self would scold my future self and become disgusted. However, I would bribe my child self with promises of GARDEN MAZES! Oh yes, garden mazes fascinate me and I can't wait to get lost in the bushes. 

Part of me thinks Versaille might be a tourist trap but part of me really wants to experience the Hall of Mirrors (Like we don't have that in dressing rooms at Kohls, which I avoid like the plague) and the other room I am excited to see is the Queen's chambers (which is not available at Kohls). Plus in school for design I did a small report on Versaille so it would be cool to experience my paper first hand.

The Louvre is expensive. I might have to enroll in BCC so I can use my student ID to get in for a discounted price, seriously. However, I can't imagine the wonders the doors are hiding. Art, by the room fulls, and no I don't have an interest in seeing the Mona Lisa (I know what it looks like already). As long as we are on the subject of the Louvre...how did they come up with the pronunciation? Was is the same people that came up with the pronunciation of colonel? And bologna? The same deal with Versaille... 

Chamboard Castle, France

Gardens at Chateau de Marqueyssac

Versailles, Paris, France


Louvre


Arc de Triomphe, Paris, France
Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris, France
Eiffel Tower 



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment