Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

World Travel: Turkey and the Ukraine

What unusual countries to visit. How often does your neighbor/friend/colleague say, "This year I'm visiting Turkey and the Ukraine." Not that many eh?

Well, honestly, out of all my trips this would be the one I'm willing to cut if Eric says my dreams of travel are too extravagant.  However, I wouldn't turn the opportunity.

The two main things I want to see are the pools in Pamukkale, Turkey and Swallow's Nest in the Ukraine. 


Pamukkale, Turkey

Why, yes, those are weird rock outcropping. And yes, you can go swimming in them. No, I'm not sure if that is sand or snow in the background my Florida logic claims it could not be snow because people are sitting in it in what appears to be shorts. It could also just be part of the rocks...hmm....

Swallow's Nest

Now I want to go here purely because I think it will enrich my reading life. Every castle ever described to me a book could be this one. It's amazing and quaint. 


I don't know a whole lot about these places but maybe they could be grouped together on another adventure, but they would be fine on their own. Perhaps my uncle could tag along and interrupt for us. I also would like to travel between Turkey and the Ukraine via the Black Sea.

No rights to the pictures (darn I forgot to disclaim in the other posts! I disclaim them too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment