Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jennifer's Bridal Shower Part I

Part one. Jennifer's bridal shower.

I've been doing some creating for Jennifer's bridal which is on Friday. It's coming up too fast but I'm excited. I love thinking up parties and watching them come to life.


The first thing I did was start with an inspiration/idea board. No, not a pinterest board. This:



I created a mock up of a shadow box, designed an invite, brainstormed food ideas and tied everything together with a concept and color palette. This is the design that we decided to create.



It's kind of hard to see because of the flash (sorry). But there is a basket cake in the upper left corner, duck cupcakes, the palette, the favor idea, some notes....ect. The large piece in the lower right corner is the sample invite. In the lower left corner there is a 3D shadow box as an idea for a guestbook. That sadly did not work out.


Let's talk decorations:

Here are a couple of the pieces I made.

The board on the top is tissue paper flowers (think flower bed) that is simply a white foam board modgepodged over with green tissue paper. I hot glued the 35 paper flowers on in rows with a pattern on the diagonal. I made two of these boards as back drops. The total cost of this project (two boards) is about $8.00. Without the modpodge because I already had that. One of the great things about this is I didn't use all the colors of the tissue paper in the pack so I will still have the red and green for Christmas presents and the blue for whatever else I need.

The image on the bottom is a paper lantern with a burst of butterflies. The butterflies are hot glued to fishing line. I re-purposed an over the door decoration from the Oriental Trading Co. I made four of these pieces for a total of $12.00.

Here's a close up of the texture the paper flowers bring.

I find the tissue paper flowers very pretty.

For favors we made are taken off of this design from the Oriental Trading Co but I stripped it down and recrafted the assembly.

                         

Things to look forward to in "Jennifer's shower Part 2" are the floating photo collage, a picture of the handmade invite, the food table, fishy centerpieces, duck cupcakes swimming in a sea of blue m&ms, crazy, creative food, and lot's of bridal fun.


I've also been experimenting for what I want to do with the my nails for the shower. I've decided on this simple design. (Again, not a very good picture) But it's a coat of lilac with silver sparkle edging. Think reverse french tips.


Woo!  Just got word that Taylor Swift's new album will be out in October. It's called Red. I listened to the single. I'm disappointed that it's not country at all but I like it. It's super cute. Really. According to Eric "Not a bad song but I would have liked it countrified better."

Now that's saying something. 

So tell me what you think about the ideas. for the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment