Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Lovely Summer Nail Polishes

Officially summer time. Beaches, sand, breezes, and activities to boot.

Love it, especially when I was younger. I also love exploring the feel of the season. 

The cheapest update to a look is nail polish. I buy mine at $2.00 a pop. My favorite brands are Sinful Colors and Pure Ice by Bari Cosmetics.

My favorite go to accent right now is Pure Ice Spitfire. It's glitterly and has great application. It goes with pretty much everything. I mostly use it on my "ring" finger nails. 

I highly recommend this polish as an accent.


For a work friendly polish I like Sinful Colors Easy Going. The color looks good with my pale skin tone. I pair it with Spitfire. The application is a bit uneven but manageable.


For the patriotic summer holidays I'll be sporting Freedom from Pure Ice.

I love blue nail polish. Blue nail polish cracks me and makes me buy it. I'm going to highlight two blues. Pure Ice Splash and Love Nails from Sinful colors. The brightness of these blues puts a smile on my face. I like the brightness of Love Nails for the beach/parties and Splash for long term application as I feel it has a hint of neutrality that could be paired with jeans, skirts, or work wear. 
 


There are a lot of vivid colors in vogue and these are the shades I have that are screaming, "wear me! It's summer." The first is Island Coral from Sinful Colors. I don't like pink a whole lot but this orange/corally pink makes me smile and goes with my lobster shirt. The next color is from Pure Ice called Excuse Me. Now let's be clear, I don't wear yellow nail polish. In fact this is the only yellow color I own because yellow nails are sickly nails and normally considered "gross". This yellow is so vibrant there is no mistaking it for nasty nails. I still only wear it as an accent. The last color is also from Pure Ice called Saddle Me Up. It looks like a sparkly version of my watermelon growing in my backyard.






One day I'll take my own pictures, but until then enjoy these from other blogs. C'est la vie. 
Until next time when I might actually get to have access to my garden pictures. But probably not.







No comments:

Post a Comment