Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

What's Been Going on the Kitchen? Dessert Edition

This is a new series of posts about the recipes I yoink of Pinterest. 

I've been in the kitchen like a lover in a bedroom. Saucy, I know. Like chocolate sauce, cream sauce, red sauce, pan sauce...it's all here. Every drop of delicious.

Starting with dessert! 

Disclaimer: pictures are not my own. 


Truffles
Dark Chocolate Truffles: http://naomi-sugarspice.blogspot.ca/2012/10/easy-dark-chocolate-truffles-recipe.html
Yes. Do make these heavenly bites of decadence. The directions are wonderful. The product is tasty and anyone can make them. I made them at Christmas time when I was under a time crunch. They were beautiful. Do coat them with cocoa, nuts, ect. Otherwise they will be too rich and melt on your fingers. I coated mine in nuts and they were divine. Do share some with me if you make them. These would be great for a beginner.

Frozen Banana Bites
Frozen Banana Bites: http://martinigirlgoesprimal.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-call-them-frozen-banana-bitesmy-kids.html
These are my favorite of the desserts in this post. I made them twice in the same week. The ingredient list is tiny, and the recipe is simple. Anyone can make these. I made them without any trouble and everyone in house devoured them.   The only thing...the almond butter was $8.00 for a small jar. But I can make about 6-8 batches with the jar. I will be making these banana bites all summer long.


Twix Cookies
Twix Cookies: http://mirandasrecipes.blogspot.ca/2010/03/twix-cookies.html
Let's just talk a minute about Twix cookies. Mine, did not turn out looking like a baker's dream. They were sloppy and my chocolate didn't drizzle in perfect little lines. I plopped large globs on top that looked unappetizing. However, everyone liked them. Or said they did. I didn't care for them one way or another.
I do not recommend these for beginners. You don't have to be an expert but this is not a good place to start baking. If you are looking for a little challenge to throw down in your kitchen try these babies out. This is also a good recipe for a small group of 10 or so people. 


______

Now, I know that I promised a post on my veggie garden. I'm about half way through with that posting. But I'm stuck downstairs at work away from all the downloaded pictures I have of my garden. Instead you got this drool worthy post.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment